Boilers are an integral part of the home, responsible for providing the heat and hot water you need throughout the year. On most occasions they’ll function as expected and without hassle, but older boilers are prone to faults and if your oil boiler is older than 10-years it may be worth having a replacement fitted.
Oil boilers are more common in areas where the gas grid isn’t accessible. If you do have access to the National Grid then seriously consider a gas boiler as this will drastically reduce your fuel bills.
Consumer watchdog Which? have carried out research for customers in order to find out the best manufacturers in the UK. 10,358 boiler customers were spoken to overall, asking for their boiler experiences.
The survey was completed in June 2013, with boilers installed over the last six years taken into account. The boiler brand, installation and any problems were all questioned to compile the satisfaction results.
Customers were also asked if they would recommend the brand to their friends and family and how satisfied they were overall with their purchase.
See the table below to find out how oil boiler manufacturers have been rated:
Why should I replace my boiler?
If you have an inefficient boiler then it could be working at just 70%. This means you’re wasting hundreds of pounds every year on energy bills. Replacing this inefficient system would save you plenty of money.
On top of this, an inefficient boiler is more likely to fault and breakdown in the middle of winter when you need it most. This will mean expensive repair costs and could leave you without heat and hot water until the engineer gets to you. Of course, in the winter they’ll be at their busiest.
Facts & Figures You’ll Love To Share
- Heating accounts for around 60% of the annual household bill and a new boiler can slash expenses.
- By replacing your old and inefficient boiler you can save up to £310 a year according to the Energy Saving Trust.
- Energy prices have doubled since 2004 and will double again by 2020, so secure your energy future with an A-rated boiler.
- An annual boiler service costs between £50 and £100 but could save you hundreds of pounds on future repair work.
- With a new boiler you can slash carbon dioxide emissions by a whopping 1,200kg each year.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?